Program version 7.481 is now out.

It works really well for me so far, just upgraded this morning, took it out during lunch and do some testing with it, works fine. Man, I'm glad I didnt have to put up the that 7.480 too long...

He Just Knows We Will All Give In Before He Does

Every time I'm tempted to do so, I see someone report another issue that causes me to hestitate. for example, I am NOT 100% convinced that VR works on NA Canadian maps all the way through: city, street, number. I am NOT convinced that Operate My Go works properly in TTHome for 720s and 7.481 and, most recently, there MAY be an issue when a user tries to Navigate To-->Address--> and gets a 'please wait' message and the software hangs.

I'll wait a bit longer to switch. I'd like more positive responses from those who have upgraded. I admire those who have jumped right in.

Honestly, I test software all day for a living; I really don't need to do the same thing when I get home. :eek:

I am sure I will do it some time this week, and maybe tonight. I am working on taxes and need some diversion.

New Update Works Sweet

updated to 7.481
street names in map show vertical streets and horizontal streets
VR works sweet with new meter with the added support_asr file
using 7.15 aps with POI(large) from the 920 v710

all looks good

920T still says new to disconnect and reconnect to Home

Will not allow the use of Operate Go or whatever the simulator is called. Traffic still works and also VR. Traffic was the main thing for me as it had never worked until 7.48. Anyone else getting the message that it doesn't recognize your apparatus? You can hit OK and it will search for, find and allow you to update GPSFix and MapUpDates but still cannot operate simulator (forgot what they call it).

Does VR work on the Canadian map for city, street and number? Does Mapshare work in TTHome?

Well 1st off I have the 920 so not sure if this would be the same for a 720 but should be??
As for VR and Canada it 1/2 works !! I put in London & Toronto and it didn't seem to recognize either BUT I put in a small town in Nova Scotia and street and # and it worked fine. Perhaps that is because Tela-Atlas has all the HWY's in Nova Scotia as US Hwy's :) :rolleyes:

AS for home working with map corrections & operating go from home site seems to work fine.

This all being said I am still in Florida for a couple more weeks before heading back home & am just hoping my experience with my new 920 will be better than what I had with my older Magellan.

Try using IT Planner when hooked up to TT Home and tell me how happy you are then.

Iternerary planer works great if you use Google maps to make your iternerary and save it as as ITN file using http://www.houghi.org/tomtom/ and then save it to your it file on your TT.:)

Well 1st off I have the 920 so not sure if this would be the same for a 720 but should be??
As for VR and Canada it 1/2 works !! I put in London & Toronto and it didn't seem to recognize either BUT I put in a small town in Nova Scotia and street and # and it worked fine. Perhaps that is because Tela-Atlas has all the HWY's in Nova Scotia as US Hwy's :) :rolleyes:

AS for home working with map corrections & operating go from home site seems to work fine.

This all being said I am still in Florida for a couple more weeks before heading back home & am just hoping my experience with my new 920 will be better than what I had with my older Magellan.

Thanks for the feedback. Someone else told me that, with 7.481, VR would NOT recognize Montreal, either!!:confused: :confused:

I'll stick with 7.221 for now.

My question is does v7.481 enable vr on those devices where vr was never hacked?? I know alot of people have hacked their vr including myself, was just wondering if a virgin 720 gets vr with the new update.

here I go..

Installed via MAC version of home

Boot time seems unchanged
VR works, and in french..
Tested a couple of cities,
the only one that is strange is Montreal, City gets detected, but when comes time to select a street, VR icon is there but doesn't trig..(tested both in FR and ENG)
Works with vr in Totonto adress/street

More test later this week..

BTW.. no asr file..

Everything hear makes me think that all is well with the TT and VR. I will make the upgrade tomorrow to see what happens. Wish me luck

Just updated. I had the VR buttons working but it didn't recognize any sound before update. VR works great now.

VR working

VR now works. So far it's been right on in the New England area. Looks like nothing else has changed

Only thing is the shut Down screen is still very dim. Anyone have idea's

updated 7.48 and vr works perfectly. i like the voice meter but the verticle gps meter is a little wierd to get used to

Care to enlighten one on how they might go about theoretically getting 7.10?

Google and/or torrents...

updated to 7.481
street names in map show vertical streets and horizontal streets

Browse Map or in the "main map" window?
I find it hard to believe that I am the only person this is happening to... seriously! :mad:

Another thing I've noticed after the update is that when I set my TT in the cradle, it doesn't ask to be connected to my PC right away.. instead, I have to unplug it and put it back in and on the 2nd try it asks me if I want to connect it to PC...

***UPDATE***
Just got off the phone with TT CS rep and the guy told me that TT units are not designed to show vertical street names while in the Navigation map mode. I asked him how can I see them when in "Browse Map" mode and he said that is b/c it would be like as if you are actually looking at the map not navigating it. Although it make sense -- the map is not cluttered -- I do find it a bit odd. I honestly cannot remember if I was able to see them, but I think I did...?

Can someone please confirm?

I attached a screen shot while in the Nav mode (main map view). It doesn't matter how far/close I zoom in or if I am in the 3D mode - same results...

Attachments

• NavMode.JPG
    NavMode.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
I just connected up my 720 this morning and Tomtom Home has a new update.

Version 7.481 is out.

It fixed my VR issues!

I hope others have the same success.

Never had VR until I got the new firmware ipgrade. Now I do!

Did the upgrade and after fixing a few things that got reset to default, all works better than before....at least so far

All Seems to be Well

I have installed, and everything seems to work flawlessly, including VR. I did not remove the support file from my ASR folder, so I cannot say whether that hack is still necessary.

The instructions do not tell you to reset the device, but I had to in order to be able to get the 720 to connect with my computer. Once I did, everything worked just fine.

Cautious kudos to TomTom for correcting the VR problem!!

Ask a Question