Program version 7.481 is now out.

I just connected up my 720 this morning and Tomtom Home has a new update.

Version 7.481 is out.

It fixed my VR issues!

I hope others have the same success.

Thanks for the heads up, this fixed my issue as well. :D

May I ask if a CANADIAN 720 user who upgrades from 7.221 still finds VR working, not only for city and street but also the street number? And does Operate My Go still work?

Well I did the update and now I can not get my traffic and weather to work.

Anyone else see this?

I updated to verson 7.481 on TT 920 but I don't find VR working as well as it did. It won't take street #'s and it doesn't accept ok or choice commands if you are given multiple choices.

It also doesn't repeat street name etc. etc.

It could be the choice of voice I am using but other than that it seems to be ok:confused:

IT WAS MY FAULT !!! All is well I finaly figured out what I was doing wrong ! Duh.

I was making the mistake of choosing ( spoken address ) instead of ( Spoken address dialog )

All is well now VR is working fine and I haven't seen any other problems with this new verson yet.

Last edited:
I updated to verson 7.481 on TT 920 but I don't find VR working as well as it did. It won't take street #'s and it doesn't accept ok or choice commands if you are given multiple choices.

It also doesn't repeat street name etc. etc.

It could be the choice of voice I am using but other than that it seems to be ok:confused:

IT WAS MY FAULT !!! All is well I finaly figured out what I was doing wrong ! Duh.

I was making the mistake of choosing ( spoken address ) instead of ( Spoken address dialog )

All is well now VR is working fine and I haven't seen any other problems with this new verson yet.

Does VR work on the Canadian map for city, street and number? Does Mapshare work in TTHome?

still cannot operate tomtom device from my computer, nor can i send places from google maps to tomtom

Version 7.481 is out.

It fixed my VR issues!

I hope others have the same success.

Does it require any hack for VR? And does 'Navigate to intersection' work?

Version 7.481 is out.

It fixed my VR issues!

Agreed... VR w/ metering is ON and works like a charm! Other than initial "support" file that was added I have not altered the unit in any other way after the 7.481 update. "Operate my GO" works fine as well; however, sat bars are horizontal (like in v7.221). It does show that I am running 7.481 in Home and when disconnected, sat bars are vertical.

MapShare = not sure. My TTHome still shows "Your map is up to date. 5046 Map Share map corrections in use." I am running on NA v715 map. Anyone else has this number different?

I do have a question tho... when you look at your map (not in BROWSE MAP mode!), do street names appear on vertical streets? On my unit only horizontal streets show names...?

Canadian 7.481

VR works perfectly. There is a new "meter" when my 720 is listening for a response. It seems to have less errors with VR from me.

I do have a question tho... when you look at your map (not in BROWSE MAP mode!), do street names appear on vertical streets? On my unit only horizontal streets show names...?

Somebody else somewhere reported that issue a few days ago when upgrading to 7.480. I can't remember whether he had 7.15 or 7.10 maps.

VR working for me. I didn't do anything since the upgrade to 7.480. I never bothered trying to get VR working.

Now it just works with 7.481. Traffic seems to working automatically now too, whereas I was getting an error connecting to the phone (had to try and update 2 times before it would connect).

Cannot operate the GO from TT home though.

Come on, DHN. Pull the trigger. I will if you will. :)
Every time I'm tempted to do so, I see someone report another issue that causes me to hestitate. for example, I am NOT 100% convinced that VR works on NA Canadian maps all the way through: city, street, number. I am NOT convinced that Operate My Go works properly in TTHome for 720s and 7.481 and, most recently, there MAY be an issue when a user tries to Navigate To-->Address--> and gets a 'please wait' message and the software hangs.

I'll wait a bit longer to switch. I'd like more positive responses from those who have upgraded. I admire those who have jumped right in.

Honestly, I test software all day for a living; I really don't need to do the same thing when I get home. :eek:

Ask a Question