- Jul 15, 2009
Recently took my XL300 to the UK for the first time and it worked fine for about two hours. After this it started losing it's bearings, constantly recalculated the route, and eventually lost the signal altogether. Even though I could see several satellites they were all greyed out. I then hooked it up to a computer, ran QuickGPSfix and it worked OK - for about an hour. Each morning when I started driving it worked for anything between one and four hours and then started playing up again. On return to Australia I switched back to the local map, ran QuickGPSfix and it seemed good for an hour then started getting lost again. Nothing like this has ever happened before, and I'm really perplexed as to what the problem is. When it starts going haywire it appears to be slightly off track, e.g. it will show the car as being 20-50m to the right of where it actually is, and it's always 50-100m behind where it is on the road when I stop for example at traffic lights. Help!