Problems with Home 2

When I start Home I get
ERROR: Internal/Malformed: Malformed: We're sorry but HOME can't complete that task. Please try again later, or contact customer support. For problems with items that are stored on your device, we advise you to remove and re-install the item.
Not a string
Bad value: "undefined" (type: undefined)
Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/serverinput.js:77
throw new Malformed("Not a string", uc);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/serverinput.js:30
var str = this.string(uc);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/serverinput.js:181
var num = this.integer(uc);
3. function AddSubtypeV1 chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/ttItemFactory.js:122
CI.ttIItem.kItem_CEIL + 500);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/model/subtype/ttPOI.js:90
AddSubtypeV1(ttEVPOI.prototype._listEntry);

Time: Sat, 14 May 2011 22:10:29 GMT

I'm assuming that Home2 was working before, that nothing has recently been downloaded from TomTom, and that this just suddenly popped up. Although I recognize the ditch, your detail on how you got into it is ... well, a bit thin.

Normally, there would be more information about the 'malformed item' so that we could identify it. In this case, it looks like Home2 barfed when it decided that "nothing" (a null content string) was what was malformed. Not very helpful.

I'd strongly recommend that to start, you use Revo (Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily), completely uninstall Home2, and start with a fresh installation of Home2 from here -> TomTom, portable GPS car navigation systems - _TomTom HOME

If it's not that, it gets complicated, since the problem would then point to something in one of your old Home directories that is corrupted and we'd have to clean that out to find the problem.

If you are using Google Chrome as your browser you might try with IE, Firefox, or Safari (if on a Mac).

mds
Don't be misled by the "chrome://" references. He's using Home2, not MyTomTom as you do. He isn't using a browser to access his unit. Home2 is an application for the older units.

Ask a Question