problems GO510

TomTom Model(s)
GO 510
I have a go510 which is now 6/7 years old and has served me very well...I decided to upgrade my Great Britain maps yesterday BUT, stupidly I did not back up my device..when I attempted to turn it back on ALAS I found no maps were available...OOOPS,,,:(:confused:..and try as I might I could find no solution to recovering my basic great britain maps....Then I recalled that my daughter also had a slightly okder version of the 510...so I used her unit and backed the info onto the computer...haha now Im using my head..or so I think.....my thinking was that If I now restore the backed up files onto My own unit all will be ok,and I will have got back to where I was a short while ago...I have the product code and the activation code :)..but when I enter the activation code,,,My unit tells me that this is the wrong code OH DEAR :eek:..Please please can someome tell me what I have done wrong ..apart from not backing up in the first pace and what to do and give me some advice as to how I can just return my basic Great Britain route maps,.,,Thats all I need Help,,Many thanks

You can't share maps between units, even of the same model. Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit. Does it show a folder called something like UK&ROI?

If not, was the map on your unit ever upgraded from what originally came on the unit? If so, you may still find it in compressed format here:

c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\Maps\

If you do see something there, you can manually install it. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t18197-how-install-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

If no luck finding the map, try one other thing. Connect to Home and go to Manage my Device (2nd page, purple folder). See what it shows on the Device tab for maps. Also, take a look at Items on my Computer and see if it shows a map there.

thank you

thank you for replying so promptly..I will get my son in law to try this for me,as I do not fully umderstand all this computer activity.So.I will let you know how we got on.
CHEERS Alan:)

Ask a Question