Problem transferring phonebook to GO 2505

jmr

I just upgraded a troublesome xxl 540 to a GO 2505. Apart from the known 'temporary' feature limitations, I love the device! I have one issue though. The first time I connected to my Blackberry Bold 9000, the phonebook transferred perfectly. However upon each subsequent pairing, I get duplicate copies of random contacts. After awhile, the list becomes ridiculously long and I have to delete the phone from the TT and start all over again. Anybody else have this happen with their device and/or have any idea what's going on?

I'm wondering if it's a blackberry or Microsoft Outlook setting that I can't figure out. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The phonebook should be overwriting each time, so it's strange that you're getting that error.

Have you tried to see if there's a firmware update for the BB? I know that some recent BB updates got bluetooth to be a bit more stable.

Otherwise, call Tomtom support and report the issue. The more calls they get about a particular problem, the more they might prioritize a fix.

I got the same thing with 2 differents phones (Motorola and Sony-Ericsson) using the same contacts database (79).

I first tought it was random but I realize it was all the contact that had P (pause) in the number like when you want to wait 3 sec before sending touch tone number; ex: 555-123-4567p890

Only thoses number will be duplicated at every subsequent Bluetooth pairing. For now, I deleted the P until TomTom fix it.

Ask a Question