Problem pairing headset with TT R2

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2
I just got a TT Rider 2 on Ebay.. Charged the unit and the headset fully and then tried to pair them.. No good. Tried repeatedly.. went to the option.. find headset.. and no good.. also re-set unit to original specs and updated and tried again..

Interesting.. the manual says that when the headset is turned on, it will flash blue & red until paired.. my headset only flashes blue.. never red unless I am turning it off.. I looked for a reset button on the headset, but could not find one.. At this moment, I have returned the headset to the seller and await a replacement.. But am concerned that there may be more of a problem than simply a bad headset..
My TT unit paired just fine with my Storm 2 Blackberry.. no issues.. so the bluetooth function seems to work fine on the actual GPS unit.. any thoughts?

I did install TT Home and have updated everything.. BTW..

When placing the headset in the pairing mode, you have to hold in the on button long enough for the red/blue light to flash. When it first flashes blue, continue to hold the button in for a few more seconds, it will then flash.

cheers

Sheesh.. That's not how it was explained in the directions.. They simply said to hold the button down until it turned on.. well.. good to know though.. I knew there had to be more to it than that..

Ya, I think it says to hold down the button until it flashes red/blue, but when it first comes on as blue, one might thing you are done....

So, did that work for you?

Cheers!

Don't know.. I sent the headset back for replacement.. I also called TT customer service.. too bad they didn't tell me something as simple as that..As soon as I get the new headset back, I will try it.. I knew it had to be something simple..

Ask a Question