Problem Pairing 720 with Palm Treo 755p

I am experiencing a problem pairing my TT 720 with my Treo 755p. I am not talking about internet, just the simple hands free phone operation. This is what happens:

After turning the Treo's Bluetooth on and visible, I start the pairing process in the Phone menu of the 720. The 720 finds the Treo, identifies it correclty and then asks if I want to pair with it. After affirming, the TT 720 goes into a screen indicating that it is searching for features and indicates that I should use '0000' if the phone asks for a code. The Treo repeatedly asks for the code, which I type in. At 40% (it is always at that stage), the TT 720 hangs for a while and then indicates that the pairing failed with a message that the phone disconnected (Bluetooth is still on in the Treo). I can then try again (same hang, sometimes asks for the code again) or cancel. If I cancel, the TT 720 indicates that the Treo is now ready to use and asks if I want to set up data! Even if I say no, the Treo is recognized in the Phone menu of the TT but neither making nor receiving calls works ("This function is not supported")

The strange part is that I can pair the TT 720 to a different phone, and I can pair the Treo to a different hands free phone device. Is there a code besides '0000" I can try or some other setting I can use to pair my Treo to use as a hands free phone? My TT has the latest 8.3 firmware. Is this an issue with the update?

I know this may not be much help, but... my Treo 700wx paired using the 0000 without any problem. Are you enabling both BT and also Discovery Mode in the Treo? Not sure, but seems like I've heard that the Discovery Mode is only active for a relatively short time (a minute or so?). Are you doing it fast :)

Anway... nothing else to offer, sorry.

Oh... same TT firmware here too.

-Frank

I know this may not be much help, but... my Treo 700wx paired using the 0000 without any problem. Are you enabling both BT and also Discovery Mode in the Treo? Not sure, but seems like I've heard that the Discovery Mode is only active for a relatively short time (a minute or so?). Are you doing it fast :)

Anway... nothing else to offer, sorry.

Oh... same TT firmware here too.

-Frank

Thanks for the reply. The Treo Bluetooth is set to "Visible", which keeps it visible indefinitely. The other choices are "Hidden" and "Temporary" (which is what I think you were referring to.)

If it means anything, the Treo finds the TT almost immediately. Sometimes the TT takes two or three tries to find the Treo. I tried to reverse pair the Treo to the TT, but the Treo asks for the code and then immediatley says that the attempt failed.

I have the exact same problem

Thanks for the reply. The Treo Bluetooth is set to "Visible", which keeps it visible indefinitely. The other choices are "Hidden" and "Temporary" (which is what I think you were referring to.)

If it means anything, the Treo finds the TT almost immediately. Sometimes the TT takes two or three tries to find the Treo. I tried to reverse pair the Treo to the TT, but the Treo asks for the code and then immediatley says that the attempt failed.

In my case, it worked fine for about a week, then just quit working. Your symptoms match mine to a "T". Ever get a resolution?

ETA: I have a TT 730.

Ask a Question