Problem charging a GO510

Hi,

I have a 2 year old GO510 that wasnt keeping its charge so I changed the battery.

Now it charges fine off my laptop as well as a wall power outlet - using both these methods, the TomTom battery meter moves and it says CHARGING.

However, it doesnt charge in the car. I've tried a different car charging kit in two different cars, and in none of these combinations (2 cars, 2 cables) will it charge.

Can anyone suggest what is going on? On a related issue, assuming the 510 is getting a full charge from my laptop, how long would you expect this charge to last if I kept the TomTom powered on?

thanks in advance.

nickf
sydney

Welcome to the forum, firstly the x10 cannot charge from just USB it needs the aditional mains charger plugged in oto the home dock in order to charge up, as your device charges at home but doesn't in the car I would look to changing the car dock - Mike

oops - its a 520

sorry, my bad - its actually a 520 - and I'll try a new dock.

thanks for the welcome and the tip.

nickf
sydney

I had the same problem, it's the car dock. The connector seems to be soldered very badly.

Ask a Question