Charging problem

TomTom Model(s)
GO 500
Just got a new unit and it's always flat.
The cig charger works in the car and I have used a different cable to the one supplied and still have this problem.
I charged it externally then went on a 3 hour drive and when I got to my destination and switched the car off it told me the battery was flat.
The way back was the same it ran albeit slowly but the charger never actually charged the battery.
I am going to return it to place of purchase for a warranty claim and replacement but do you think it's a faulty battery?
The unit is receiving power because when I unplug the charger it dims down but there doesn't seem to be enough charge getting through or the battery cant hold a charge.
Any advice on what to do other than return it as I suspect the retailer will want to send it away rather than immediately replace under Australian Consumer law
PS it's a GO 500

Do other devices charge properly in the cig lighter? Can you try it in another car with the same cable that came with the device? Does sound as if the unit is faulty and it may be the battery that is the issue.

I'd return it. Try to insist upon a replacement.

The cig lighter works fine as I've used it before for my mobile phone, will take it back tomorrow and tell them it must be the battery

While plugged in, tapping the Menu button do you see a battery symbol or a flash icon next to the Home button?

I'd return it. Try to insist upon a replacement.

I returned it and got a replacement, wasn't too difficult but had to endure all the nonsense about how it's me not charging it properly and she even said the battery is not supposed to charge up...lol
I dug my heels in at that one!!

Ask a Question