Power off...?

TomTom Model(s)
I hooked up my TT-510 directly to a connector I found under the dash of my Porsche, so whenever I turn the ignition on, the GPS goes on as well. However, what I wanted (and expected) was to also have it go off when the ignition is off... but that silly thing has to be turned off by hand, every time.

Hence, I wonder if there's a way to make it turn off when the ignition goes off, or perhaps has a turn-off function that will kick in whenever the unit hasn't been used (moved) after X amount of time?

-- peer

The auto-shut off was initially a feature but was removed in a firmware update. There is however, a modified file that you can use to get tht functionality back but there has been reports of side effects such as bad battery display, lost bluetooth connection with phones, and other things.

Look at the sticky here - Link

Digital-flex...
..you are my hero -- thanks to your reply, it took me less than 2 minutes to hack this. Super many thanks,

-- peer

Let us know if you have any problems as noted as well as with IPOD connectivity.

Drledger wrote:
> Let us know if you have any problems as noted
> as well as with IPOD connectivity.

It works perfectly -- the only "problem" I have is that the battery-level indicator does no longer work. Other than that, it's exactly what I wanted.

Btw, this forum is friggin' the diggedy dankest.

-- peer

Ask a Question