Tom Tom Go530 auto power off query

Hi there, looking for some info please. Got a Tom Tom Go 530 recently, old stock from Tesco. I like the FM transmitter and the in car bluetooth. Got a question about in car charging. When i sit the unit in the dock it sits perfectly in a small recess in my car dash. I then plug it in via a USB in car charger. What is missing though is that when i switch the ignition off, the unit does not power off despite me selecting power off when external power removed. Does anyone know if the unit should auto power off when used in the dock in the car or will it work only with the provided in car charger. I found a hack that allows the unit to stay powered on for more than three minutes when charging in the dock. Is there anything similar to have it power off when in the dock and external power removed. Thanks for any help

When you apply the hack to keep the unit awake in the car dock you disable the auto power off function as a direct cause of what you have done - Mike

Thank you, thats a pity as I thought I had won a watch with it sitting on my dash so well, it is actually a small recess with a cover over it that meant I didn't need to put unit in glove compartment. Ok next question then, anything anyone can suggest that will keep the unit switched on when driving with fm transmitter and bluetooth hands free on for phone if I use the docking station. I don't mind the screen on all the time and at least it will alert me to safety cameras. I guess if all else fails then I will just need to use the suction mount and do a bit of disassembling when I get out of the car. I ain't that lazy honest, just like getting things in place and not having to mess about every time I get in the car. Thanks again for any help.

Just an update, i removed the hack and the unit works perfectly now. I have it sitting in the recess on the dash, bluetooth connected to my mobile phone and the FM transmitter outputting music from 4gb Sd card. It stays on when driving and when i switch car off it shuts down 10 seconds later. All in all exactly what i need.

Ask a Question