How to make the tomtom 910 turn on and off with the car!

Correct. It is possible to do.
It automatically turns on it you have your car charge plugged in and you start the car with your 910 already mounted.

I've changed the file.
I'll till 2morrow to see if it works. I will report back in the morning when I get to work.

Yes indeed this works!!!
I would download the file using FireFox and not IE. Firefox saves the file as it is while IE saves it as a notepad.

It takes 1=2 seconds after shutting off the car for my 910 to turn off.

I don't use my car charger as much. It creates a humming noise when I have my 910 plugged into my audio aux and have directions, phones, IPod play through my car's audio speakers.

i works great just like pedro said couple seconds
i did with ie put my mouse over the link and click save as when it asked me where i switch to all files and highlighted the copy ot ttsystem on my desktop that was copied from tomtom renamed moved to tom tom took original out and rename new one to original one works great thanks guys

i am interested in everyones exprierece
mine i believe has a problem with battery bar after file change it stays amost half full at color orange will replace a file to see if that what causing the problem any body else has same issue ?

i can now confirm that the new file that turns off or on tom tom when ignition key is turned off or on casuses my tom tom not to display proper battery bar after replacing file to original everything works fine but because i like this feuture so much back to it

Yes indeed this works!!!
I would download the file using FireFox and not IE. Firefox saves the file as it is while IE saves it as a notepad.

It takes 1=2 seconds after shutting off the car for my 910 to turn off.

I don't use my car charger as much. It creates a humming noise when I have my 910 plugged into my audio aux and have directions, phones, IPod play through my car's audio speakers.

Pedro2NR if you were to DL the file using IE and then just removed the .txt extension will the file work? not work? Just curious. I wished I had a TT910 :(

No it will not.
Maybe because I'm running Windows Vista.
But it did work with Firefox

If anyone has problems downloading the file, I can upload it here.

Ask a Question