Possible to custom install a car charger on top of dash (instead of cig lighter)?

For me, less clutter is key. Possible to install charger so that it fits on top of dash? I'm thinking by re-doing a "re-install" or temp removal of the car stereo, this would be possible.

Look for supermod, Mike Alder to respond in the next day to your post. He is a master at installing stuff like this in autos. Post back with your model car and a photo of the interior if possible. If you see no response by tomorrow at this time, pm him.

If you want an active cradle for your One LE consider Carcomm for the holder see Here or do you simply want to hide the wiring in the back of the dash? if its the latter then purchase a spare ciggy socket and wire that to an ignition switched power source, plug the TomTom car charger in to the accessory socket, tape it up and bury it all behind the dash - Mike

I have a 1999 Mazda Miata.

Look for supermod, Mike Alder to respond in the next day to your post. He is a master at installing stuff like this in autos. Post back with your model car and a photo of the interior if possible. If you see no response by tomorrow at this time, pm him.

I live in Califoirnia...is he from Canada as well?

If you want an active cradle for your One LE consider Carcomm for the holder see Here

The cradle for my Tom Tom One 3rd edition could be an excellent solution, provided that the cradle can fit on the dash. Presently, I have one of those beany-bag portable mounts that fit on the dash. It's a great little toy.

Or do you simply want to hide the wiring in the back of the dash? if its the latter then purchase a spare ciggy socket and wire that to an ignition switched power source, plug the TomTom car charger in to the accessory socket, tape it up and bury it all behind the dash - Mike

This solution is too much trouble, especially for a small car like mine.

Ask a Question