Map Colors. Is it possible to customize

colors of a map in NAV6 ? Specially what I would like is to modify color for 2 elements:

1. Central pointer on the map (representing your car). Looks like right now this pointer remains the same (blue) no matter what colors you choose.

2. The calculated route. Now for most color selections this remains dark brown.

P.S. I'm using iPAQ 5910

Answers;

1. That is not possible. The cursor colour is part of the software itself, not the map. I cannot be changed.

2. This is changed by selecting a different colour scheme. You can do that on the device. You can also create your own custom colour scheme or DL someone else's. There is a good online colour scheme creator, but I don't remember the address! I am sure someone else will point you in the right direction....

Answers;

1. That is not possible. The cursor colour is part of the software itself, not the map. I cannot be changed.

2. This is changed by selecting a different colour scheme. You can do that on the device.

You can also create your own custom colour scheme or DL someone else's. There is a good online colour scheme creator, but I don't remember the address! I am sure someone else will point you in the right direction....[/QUOTE

OK. So as far as changing the calculated route, which is dark brown (for most schemes) - too dark for my taste. Would be great if someone directed me on how to modify color/intensity of that calculated route.

Hoping to hear about sooner that later.

Click here to download different schemes. if you want to make your own, click on the download tab.

Thanks. But, with my iPAQ 5610 I'm not sure how and where to install those 'clr' files on my unit. I did some browsing of my PDA file structure using ActiveSinc (if I'm not mistaken) and can't recall any meaninngful folder on the unit where these extra 'clr' might be installed.

Any ideas here ??

Yes, don't ever use ActiveSync, it changes files! Take the card out and use a cardreader if you can.

I don't think that ActiveSync changes files related to NAV6 which is installed in on-board flash memory. And by the way this map color scheme editor works for me. I had to manually create 'schemes' folder but not int the root directory of the unit but somewhere deeper (I forgot now where exactly).

I don't think that ActiveSync changes files related to NAV6 which is installed in on-board flash memory. And by the way this map color scheme editor works for me. I had to manually create 'schemes' folder but not int the root directory of the unit but somewhere deeper (I forgot now where exactly).

Good, glad it worked out.

Ask a Question