Poor tt customer service

TomTom Model(s)
Navigator 6
I am floored that they have received a positive review from JD Power.

Called and was on hold 45 minutes before getting a human. Was told they did not have the authority to do what I was asking for. Need to speak to someone in "Special Services", but that department was at lunch! Called a couple of days later, on hold for 55 minutes, before my phone lost its charge.

Just got off the phone today. On hold for 48 minutes before anyone picked up. I am not allowed to speak with anyone "above" them before they go through some flowchart of trying to solve my issue, even though they do not have the authority to do anything about it. I was transfered 3 times and asked to repeat the entire case again. They still did not want to address what I was asking for, instead trying to do things what THEY want to do.

While holding, I decided to search TOMTOM customer service. Have they not done this as well??? There is hardly any good reviews, but instead, a bunch of terrible reviews. Hopefully they will read and adjust their polices at some point!

Last edited:
Support

What is the phone number?
Waiting 45 minutes beats waiting DAYS for an e-mail response that doesn't deal with a problem.

Update

I am floored that they have received a positive review from JD Power.

Called and was on hold 45 minutes before getting a human. Was told they did not have the authority to do what I was asking for. Need to speak to someone in "Special Services", but that department was at lunch! Called a couple of days later, on hold for 55 minutes, before my phone lost its charge.

Just got off the phone today. On hold for 48 minutes before anyone picked up. I am not allowed to speak with anyone "above" them before they go through some flowchart of trying to solve my issue, even though they do not have the authority to do anything about it. I was transfered 3 times and asked to repeat the entire case again. They still did not want to address what I was asking for, instead trying to do things what THEY want to do.

While holding, I decided to search TOMTOM customer service. Have they not done this as well??? There is hardly any good reviews, but instead, a bunch of terrible reviews. Hopefully they will read and adjust their polices at some point!

After I had been on hold for 48 minutes, and then being transfered 3 times, I was offered a software update. The update was finally able to find my home. However, it only put me to within 10 miles of the 2nd address I asked it to find. Fortunately, I had an old fashion map with me!! So, either than being able to find my house, which it couldn't before, it still does not find hardly any addresses, and it still will not sync to the antenna very often.

To respond to the moderator, I have had the following 3 issues that I have called about:
1-Unable to find quite a few addresses
2-Takes me to nowhere and tells me I have arrived. (Let me tell you how much fun that is when you are trying to meet a customer!)
3-Does not sync with the bluetooth antenna.

Originally, I had emailed my request for some "goodwill" toward purchasing a new stand alone unit, since I have not faith in this unit any more. I received a very smart-ass answer, "sorry, we'll offer you the sale going on right now. Thanks for buying TomTom. Of course, you can not reply to TomTom Customer Service emails either.

Sorry to hear about your problems, in Canada we must use a different customer service base as when I called twice the call was answered quickly and professionally and the operator even spent over 20 minutes carefully going over the differencies between the 720 and the 920, which impressed me so much that I and my friend both purchased the 920

tim

ive called them about 5-6 times in 3 days and was never on hold for more than 30 seconds...and everyone was very helpful...if they didnt know the answer...they put me on hold and found it out...

Ask a Question