POI'S Phone #'s

Does anyone know if the 910 will display the phone # of say a hotel or a restaurant. This would be helpful while driving to a city so one could call ahead for an opening.
The last two cars I had with factory GPS would do this and I found it very useful.

I won't display the phone number unless its a custom POI. It will call a hotel or restaurant when your phone is connect. You select mobile phone and then call. Next select POI and select your category.

I did a quick check on my 910 and it WILL show phone numbers of pre-programmed POI's. I went to the "Browse Map" screen and pressed "Find" and then randomly chose the "Overland Park Marriott" in Overland Park, KS from the Hotel/Motel list. It located it up on the map and showed the phone number. I also tried "Papa Keno's Pizzeria" and got its number too.

For making a call enroute, you can pick the "Mobile Phone" icon and "Call.." which then gave an option for Points of Interest. So it looks like its really pretty easy to either call from a bluetooth connected Tomtom or to at least find the number to call by other means.

Thanks to Thornhump for the great tip. Believe me I tried for hours to find this and couldn't, great post and this is a great place to get answers!!:)

Ask a Question