POI's Not showing up on XL 330s

TomTom Model(s)
TT One 2nd Gen
I have a XL 330s and i have about 20 POI's that i would like to show on my map , I have it enable on my TT but when i scroll through the map only 2 - 3 POI's so on map with my favorites. Anyone can help me? I had a TT one 2nd edition and everyone that i wanted to show on the map would show up on the map.

Matt

Last edited:
I have a XL 330s and i have about 20 POI's that i would like to show on my map , I have it enable on my TT but when i scroll through the map only 2 - 3 POI's so on map with my favorites. Anyone can help me? I had a TT one 2nd edition and everyone that i wanted to show on the map would show up on the map.

Matt

Couple of fundamental questions:
1) Are you sure the POIs lattitude and longitude in the POI file are in your area
2) Did you enable them specifically from the SHOW POI option in the menu?

Yeah they are the same POI;s that i had on my TT one and they are enabled also, and the some new POI's that i got from TT home

Yeah they are the same POI;s that i had on my TT one and they are enabled also, and the some new POI's that i got from TT home

That's got me totally stumped then. You should be able to copy them over and they should be good to go if they are enabled (and you've already confirmed they are enabled)

I know there is a memory limitation that comes into play. Regardless of how many poi's are checked, if the number to be shown exceeds the memory capabilities of the unit, TT ceases to show them.

I'm not saying that is the case here but you could experiment by unchecked one that is showing and, by doing that, observe if one of the enabled but not showing poi's now does.

I know there is a memory limitation that comes into play. Regardless of how many poi's are checked, if the number to be shown exceeds the memory capabilities of the unit, TT ceases to show them.

I'm not saying that is the case here but you could experiment by unchecked one that is showing and, by doing that, observe if one of the enabled but not showing poi's now does.

Thats exactly what I would attempt first. Try adding one set of POIs, see if it shows up, then add another set, check it, add another, check, and so forth until you know if the POIs just aren't working or if it is indeed a memory issue. Personally, my XL 330S shows the 3 POIs I have set it to show, but I'm not sure how many you have selected.

Good luck...

Like dhn said, it may be a memory limitation of some sort. I know that with no POI's showing on my map I still only had about 2.1 MB of ram free on my ONE XL. It only had 32 MB of RAM total which was always nearly full. I once tried enabling ALL POI's on my ONE XL and boy, the refresh rate of that map was about 1/2 frame per second. They still all showed, but was REALLLLY SLOW! It was pretty horrible. Gilbert has mentioned that the "free ram" that the device shows is not something to really take serious though.

I just tried enabling ALL POI's on my 720 and see how the map would refresh, and surprisingly enough, the map refresh rate was pretty darn good. I was even considering keeping them all enabled but nah... I don't need all that clutter on my map anyways.

Like was said, try one by one and see what's going on.

Yeah i will try that, but i think its funny my TT one 2nd Gen i had 15 POI's enabled and didnt have any trouble they all showed up with no lag. I thought the 330 would be better, then the One

Yeah i will try that, but i think its funny my TT one 2nd Gen i had 15 POI's enabled and didnt have any trouble they all showed up with no lag. I thought the 330 would be better, then the One

It should definitely be able to handle the same amount as your ONE V2 handled, have you had any luck correcting the lag?

No luck yet, it looks like you can only use 3 poi's at a time but that's stupid. i had alot more then that with my TT one V2. TT support is worse they think its a bad map

Matt

Well, if they said that ('bad map'), did they offer to replace it?

You do have 1 year from date of purchase to re-download a map. It may be worth your while to (after a full Explorer backup, of course!) remove the map folder from your unit and get a fresh download and install it.

I'd try back and plead your case- you've tried contacting customer service to trouble shoot the issue and sought out help from the forums. If they say it's a bad map, ask for a new copy of your current maps, otherwise have you tried contacting Tele Atlas?

Ask a Question