Custom POI's NOT showing up!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 910
Anyone know what would cause my custom POI's not to show up on my TomTom GO 910 after I reset it to factory defaults? The custom POI's that worked before are still in the North_America where they were before. I went ahead and deleted them via TT Home and re-added but they're still not available in the "enable/disable POI's" menu option, only the stock POI's show up there.

HELP!!!

Bryan

Last edited:
Bryan, have you tried adding a new custom POI to see if it comes up? Don't use TT Home to add the POIs, do it manually with your explorer.
Good Luck

BoxerBoi76,

Have you exceeded the 100 POI limit? If you do the newest added ones wont be displayed in the list.
I had previously created more then 180 before I knew about the hard limit but have since deleted all but maybe 50 on my TT. No matter what I do I cannot get them to showup under the "Enable/Disable POI's", only the stock POI's are there. They showed up fine before I reset my TT to defaults.

I'm going to attempt to do what Pedro suggested above to see if that works...

ARGHHHHH!!!

Bryan

I, like boxerboi, had over 100 different pois. I copied them over to my TT one using windows explorer and I only got 100 to show up. Since then, and after reading a few of these threads, I consolidated them down into categories. Before I had it set up where each poi file was the same resturant, store, etc but with just different locations.

OK guys!!! I still cannot get even one custom POI to show up on my TT GO 910. Prior to upgrading my maps I had more then 180 on my TT, some of which obviously did not show up. Now with only one custom POI on my TT I cannot see it in "Enable/Disable POIs". All I do see is the stock POIs that ship with my maps.

HELP!!!

EDIT: Stupid me! I figured it out. I had previously switched my map to the Midwest maps and just noticed that there was a folder for that data on my TomTom. I hadn't put any of my custom POI files in that folder. Now that I have, everything is fine!

Bryan

Last edited:

Ask a Question