POI'S are GONE!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I updated my GO 720 last week and now my POI's are missing when i drive. I reset them, reloaded them, and they are just gone. They show up when i check my POI's, but when i drive past a Red Lobster, or any other item on my 720, nothing show up. Anybody got any ideas on how to fix this...or should i just reset back to factory settings and lose all my saved favorites?

Thanks
DLSnoopy

Have you made sure that you have selected the menu choice that will show POI's when near them? I did that before. I think that may be in preferences perhaps under manage POI's. Select the ones you wish to be indicated. Maybe someone else can be a bit more complete.

Don't forget that once upon a time, you manually enabled POIs. I don't recall the screen sequence off the top of my head, but if that setting has become "unchecked", you won't see a one of them even if you find all is well with them in your map folder.

POI's

I tried all the tricks, still no luck. Will resetting the GPS help. I can always download the POI's I want.

DLSnoopy

missing POI's

Same thing has happened to me a few times with new maps. I finally got smart when their is some poi that I really like I save it as a fovorite. Then when you have a new map you just save mapsettings.cfg and copy it to the new map.

Ask a Question