POI Not Working

Hey,

I need some help on POI's. I have a two different tomtom's. 1 Tomtom Go 730 and 1 Tomtom One XLS. I noticed that when I use my TT1 it shows all my POI's. I do not recall if they were working before I downloaded some new POI's on my TT Go. :confused: I have already tried clicking on the show POI button on the menu. But that doesn't seem to help. I also tried to only show one POI and drove near that POI and it still didn't show. I also tried to uninstall all the POI's and reinstall the POI's. Not sure what else to do right off. Can anyone give me some suggestions to try.

Thanks.

Did you install the poi .ov2 file in the specific map folder? If there was an associated .bmp with it, was it named EXACTLY as the .ov2 and also placed in the map folder?

If so, did you go to manage poi's and check off to show the custom poi you dl?

Birdman, in your great write-up, you mention the pixel size as being 24x24. I thought the size to create was 22x22 and the doubles are 44x44.

Could be wrong ........often am.:confused:

After looking at your link. I think I have to explain a little more.

NO POI's show up on my TT Go. I tried to show just the basic POI's that come as default. Even those are not showing up. I am looking for a way to reset them or to show them when I get close to them.

You have to check off which ones you want to display in the manage maps-->poi's.

Done that?

Yeah I have checked them and unchecked them. I even went to the point of holding each of the TT's next to each other and made sure everything was the same. Well the same for the most part.

Okay......to be clear

Preferences-->Show poi on map (page 1). You have some checked and they are not showing when you go to the map?

Try the clear flash tool from here: http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bin/tomtom_us.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=6211&Lid=4

If that doesn't work when you undock and powerback on, try a pin reset......

If no go........

Try 'restore to factory defaults'..........you'll have to put in personal settings.......

BUT.........before doing any of that, please do this for me:

Use Explorer to look at the contents of your unit and confirm that:
a) poi.dat 2) crpoi.dat are both in the specific map folder (NA?).

Also confirm that any .ov2 files also reside in the specific map folder.

Report back..........

Ok not sure about doing the flash thing. It states;

Using the Clear Flash tool to resolve TomTom device issues

Answer

If you are having one of the problems described below, it could be that there are too many files in the flash memory on your device:

* You have to enter the passkey every time you connect your TomTom with your mobile phone.
* Your settings are not saved after turning off your TomTom.
* You are unable to activate the map (version 6 or prior map) on your TomTom device even though you have a valid product code.

But non of those seem to pertain. Not trying to say I don't trust you. Just had to many bad experiences with flashing
sobbing.gif

I did do a search on the files and they are there. I think what I am going to do is do the factory reset. Will let you know how it goes. At least I do have a backup copy. Just hoping that this one will work. I did the backup of the TT1 and when that went hey wire I tried to do a restore and found that the main map did not backup so I had to copy a buddies map file to complete the restore.
sobbing.gif

Well it looks like the factory reset and a restore worked.
36_1_55.gif
Now I have to download all the POI's I had prior. I know I should have kept a copy but hey there wasn't that many so figured why not.

Thanks for the help.

Birdman, in your great write-up, you mention the pixel size as being 24x24. I thought the size to create was 22x22 and the doubles are 44x44.

Could be wrong ........often am.:confused:

You are definitely correct........22x22 is standard size......I've seen that 24x24 works fine and I like the bigger image :)

So, how did you get your POI's to appear? none of mine show and i've done everything right. You hit the rest button on the bottom of your tomtom and restored factory settings?

Ask a Question