Go 740 live POI Show info button not working

I have two GO 740's. On both after last update I cannot click on the show info button next to the call button. The Show info is grayed out and not accessible. I have removed and reinstalled the tomtom application from the phone twice, so now I have 3 folders on the computer: tomtom, tomtomold and tomtomold2, I've also both done soft and hard resets. Anyone know how to get the show info button back. It's nice to be able to look at the address info for a POI to know where it's at with out having to navigate to it 1st.

A couple of updates ago, TomTom removed the CRPOI.DAT file that contained the detail information for the POI entries. We believe that was done in order to save space on the 2MB units.

In exchange for removing the crpoi.dat file, Tomtom loaded the full POI set from the GO930, so all the non-restaurant/non-fuel stores that were previously missing are now present.

I agree is stinks not to have the address text, but I'm much happier with all the missing POI instead. If you need the detailed address, run a Google POI search on the Tomtom.

Last edited:

Ask a Question