poi lost

TomTom Model(s)
2nd edition
HI i am in Spain and the first day typed into my tom-tom 2nd edition poi supermarkets loads came up, now the category has disappeared and I cant find any, named a category supermarket but it says no poi found where have they gone and how do I find a supermarket help please:blabla:

Presume this is a TomTom you bought in the UK, with Europe maps?

I'm asking, because I'm from the UK too and I've never seen a built-in POI category called "Supermarkets" on any TomTom I've ever owned.

The only relevant ones I've got are "Shop" (totally useless) and a recent addition "Shopping centre" (better).

If you had one called "Supermarkets" I think it may have been one you downloaded yourself from somewhere. If it was a list of UK only sites, that might explain the "No POI found" message if it's hundreds of miles to the nearest one from where you are in Spain.

Have a look to see if you have "Shopping centre" on yours, that might be useful.
Otherwise, if you have a USB cable (and you can obviously access the internet), could you download the Supermarkets category from Pocket GPS World HERE? Select "Spain" before selecting any categoies.

re poi

yes was one from the uk and yes have shopping centres and shops, but could have sworn the first day I had a list of supermarkets withiin about a 5 mile radius maybe I was dreaming. have looked under shopping centre and they are big malls, and the shops are just local its a puzzle.:) also used it in france and had a list of local supermarkets, cant understand it

Did you buy it new? If it was second hand, maybe someone added the supermarkets POI to it.

I think you said you could see the 'supermarkets' POI title in the TomTom's menu (although you may have muddied the water by creating nother one yourself!)

So what happens if you use "Browse map" to go back to somewhere in the UK (your home for example) and look for supermarkets there?

(Easiest way to do that is to go to "Browse map", select "Find" then "Home" then tap the blue cursor button at the bottom of the screen and select Find POI nearby)

Anyway... if they have gone, just download some more. :)

Ask a Question