VIA 1535TM lost Gas station POI's

Since the update last week, if I try to navigate to a poi I select gas station and it says unable to connect to POI services. This seems to be the only one that is not working but of course it's the one I use the most. Is there a file and can replace or download?? Any ideas? I did install the pdate today along with the new map update but still the same issue.

WE used to be able to delete and re-download the fuel prices data, but no longer.

So not on a Via... there's no way to get into the file system.

You could try ringing customer services, but if you don't need the fuel prices info (it was totally useless in the UK) and only want locations, why not just install a third-party set of fuel POIs?

The odd thing about this is they do show up on the map and if I choose help and walk to, the list opens as it normally would. But if I try to navigate to, they do not.

Nope. With a 2535 non LIVE unit here, if I select Gas Station from the list, I get no information available with the latest build.

Does anyone have the default gas station POI file? TomTom support forced the new map on my account so it comes up as a new item. I downloaded the map but no change. I explained that is was not caused by the map update, it was caused by the first of two system updates from a few weeks ago. I know I can download custom PIO's but I they are all gas station franchise specific (shell, marathon, ECT.). I would love to find one for all gas stations like the default file.

I'm guessing since you say "gas station" that you are in the US?

Where you are makes a big difference to what POIs files you need.
I've got the European files and it's not just one file...
In the map folder, there's:
FuelStationsEU.ov2,
FuelStationsEU.ov2.dct,
FuelStationsEUOv2.ver
and a whole bunch of FuelStationsEU.xx.fpf (where xx is a number)

and in a fuel_prices" folder there's a FuelStationsEU.tlv file

I'm surprised you say you can only get brand-specific third-party POI files. Our main POI supplier inthe UK lets you choose individual brands or combine them into a single file.

You can also do that yourself with a free program like POIEdit. With that you can load as many POI files as you like and merge them together. Only takes a few seconds.

@Andy
I'm guessing that the files you mentioned are for a Live unit. Take a look at the dates on your *.ov2, *.dct and *.ver files. Might be from an OLD hardwire connection. Now look at dates on the *.fpf files. I think the latter are the OTA version files, useful only for a Live connected device.

Also, the OP has a Nav3 device. At best, he'd be able to load an *.ov2 as a POI.

You'd think I'd have remembered that from my post #2, wouldn't you!

Here is the response I received today from TomTom support. I guess this is an odd issue, they are replacing my unit. Now that is what I call customer service!! I hate that my TomTom is screwed up but at least they are taking care of it.

I apologize for the delay on answering this incident. I was attempting to send a file to your account via MyTomTom however it is not possible.

In this out of the ordinary case we will need to replace the device in order to fix this issue with the Gas Stations.

Please provide me your address so I may create the RMA order. Once I create it, I will send another mail with further instructions on how to complete it.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep us informed when you get the new unit because I am surprised they say they have a fix for this issue... I'm betting they do not.

Well I received my new unit today. I ran the updates and what do you know the same issue. They have issued another RMA and they are exchanging this unit as well. I told them it is not an issue with the unit is is software related. If anyone is experiencing this issue be sure to call in so we can have a fix. Of course they are telling me that this is the first they have heard of the problem.

Ask a Question