POI info while navigating?

TomTom Model(s)
One v4
Is there a way to set the TT1 up so when navigating I can get info on the POI? It would be nice to be able to tap the icon for say resturant and see what it is rather than go to browse map...find....poi...poi near you...resturant to get the listing. I figure there must be a short cut. Also is there a way to get the resturants grouped? Other units I have used would seperate them based on food type. My guess is I would have to completely rebuild the POI database and seperate tehm by hand no? Also I noticed TT has a version of the NA maps that is twice the size of what I have....is this just added POI's and if so are they arranged as described above? If not I would just assume download the groups I am interested in and live with what I have.

Good question!

What I do it go to the browse map function (IIRC) and then search. I then put in the category I am looking for in a town or along the route.

Paid off dividends when I was doing my monthly drive from TX to NM and HAD TO HAVE A SONIC BLAST! Got me to where I needed asaply.:D

OK...was hoping there was a way to just tap the icon on the navigating screen to get the details...but I guess I can manage a few extra taps....sigh

Can you tell I am lazy?

If you really want to, you can take away at least one tap by using the Menu builder to bring the browse map function to the first page of the main menu.

Ahhh...good call. I was wondering why that program would be useful...now I know.

The Magelan 4020 has this feature. I think the Garmin Nuvi 660 does as well but I'm not sure.

Dragging (Browsing) the map on my ONE is a pain. Keeps selecting things :( It was much easier on my Nuvi 660 when we were in unfamiliar parts of the area...

Ask a Question