POI Category

Ok, it is obvious I rode the short bus to the TomTom party but...

I have a GO 720

When I am driving down the road and decide, for example, I am hungry I select
Navigate To
Point Of Interest
Near Me
at this point i see only Airports as a category or Any POI Category
if i select any POI Category I have to manually type in the name of a place i think might exist in the area.

why don't I have an option to select
Restaurants or dining, etc
or
gas stations
or any categories other than airports.

what am i missing here?

i am totally up to date on software, etc.

i am sure I am just an idiot so that answer is off the table......

thanks in advance for any help.

Doing this instead: Find alternative/Travel Via/ POI/ POI along route ...

Ok, it is obvious I rode the short bus to the TomTom party but...

I have a GO 720

When I am driving down the road and decide, for example, I am hungry I select
Navigate To
Point Of Interest
Near Me
at this point i see only Airports as a category or Any POI Category
if i select any POI Category I have to manually type in the name of a place i think might exist in the area.

why don't I have an option to select
Restaurants or dining, etc
or
gas stations
or any categories other than airports.

what am i missing here?

i am totally up to date on software, etc.

i am sure I am just an idiot so that answer is off the table......

thanks in advance for any help.
The "poi along route" option is a good idea, it keeps your route active, but to answer your question, after you tap "poi near me", then tap the right arrow and enter "restaurant" That should bring up a list of the closest restaurants to your GPS location. If you tap "search", then tap "OK" with a blank text field, you will see a list of the nearest POIs in ALL categories. You don't have to enter any text.

Is there anyway we are able to find POI restaurants... sorted by what type of foods we want to eat? I just got the 930 model and wish and thought it had that option... I also thought I can check movie times :(

Is there anyway we are able to find POI restaurants... sorted by what type of foods we want to eat? I just got the 930 model and wish and thought it had that option... I also thought I can check movie times :(

Restaurants by category has been an often requested but remains a weakness in TomTom poi's at this point. Movie times is also not a tt feature (no pun intended):eek:

Restaurants by category has been an often requested but remains a weakness in TomTom poi's at this point. Movie times is also not a tt feature (no pun intended):eek:

That's a huge bummer!! That's all I would want more out of my navi. Then it would be 11 out of 10! :)

Ask a Question