POI along route

Silly question I'm sure, but is there a way to keep the "navigate to home" route active when using the "POI along route" option?

When I use the "POI along route" it seems to blow away the original route home. After visiting the shop or restaurant or whatever I seem to have to hit Navigate to Home and have it calculate it's way all over again.

For short trips it's OK but this last one was Florida to Toronto!

Last edited:
Silly question I'm sure, but is there a way to keep the "navigate to home" route active when using the "POI along route" option?

When I use the "POI along route" it seems to blow away the original route home. After visiting the shop or restaurant or whatever I seem to have to hit Navigate to Home and have it calculate it's way all over again.

For short trips it's OK but this last one was Florida to Toronto!
I drove from Birmingham AL to home, and I noticed the same thing, I think if you want to go to a POI along the route as a spur of the moment thing, you have to just recalculate the route home when you're leaving the POI. The only work around I could think of is if you build an itinerary, but you would have to plan your stops ahead of time, before your trip for that.

I drove from Birmingham AL to home, and I noticed the same thing, I think if you want to go to a POI along the route as a spur of the moment thing, you have to just recalculate the route home when you're leaving the POI. The only work around I could think of is if you build an itinerary, but you would have to plan your stops ahead of time, before your trip for that.

This seems to be the way it works. Thanks!

It's totally spur of the moment decisions.

Instead of navigate to, use the travel via function. Once you have hit your "off route excursion" it will resume your original route.

Instead of navigate to, use the travel via function. Once you have hit your "off route excursion" it will resume your original route.
Do you have to do that before you head off, or can you do that while you're in the middle of the route, and wnat to find a POI on the spur of the moment?

Enter your final destination first and use Travel via. enter your poi location or address after.

Ask a Question