Phones

Here you go... directly from TomTom's site:

Plus Services & Hands-free Calling

* T Mobile: Nokia 3660, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, Sony Ericsson T610, Motorola V330*, Motorola V360*, Motorola RAZR V3

* Cingular: Sony Ericsson T637, Nokia 6620, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6600, Motorola RAZR 3, Motorola V551, Motorola MPX220, Audiovox SMT 5600**, Motorola ROZR E1**

* Verizon: Motorola V710*** (GO300 & 700 only)

Here you go... directly from TomTom's site:

Plus Services & Hands-free Calling

* T Mobile: Nokia 3660, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6620, Sony Ericsson T610, Motorola V330*, Motorola V360*, Motorola RAZR V3

* Cingular: Sony Ericsson T637, Nokia 6620, Nokia 7610, Nokia 6230, Nokia 6600, Motorola RAZR 3, Motorola V551, Motorola MPX220, Audiovox SMT 5600**, Motorola ROZR E1**

* Verizon: Motorola V710*** (GO300 & 700 only)

Thanks fanchee. I was looking but as I'm a ONE owner (no need for a ONE AND a 910 as far as I can see :p ) i'm not used to looking on TomTom's support site for much other than my ONE... it's hard enough finding anything on that site. :)

I have a Verizon VX8100.

The Bluetooth voice works great as does the data (Plus Services), until my Traffic expired :mad: - still patiently waiting for the account to be reset...

The only problem I have w/ the VX8100 is that the phone does NOT switch between voice and data very gracefully...once the BT has established a data connection, I can receive incoming calls, but can NOT make outgoing calls.

Thankfully I will be ellgable for a new phone from Verizon in a few months...

Thanks Berkisho

What is the best phone to work with TTgo910 as u have the Verizon VX8100 but it seems u are getting a new phone? which one

Not sure which phone I will be getting yet as I am not eligible until July 07....however my criteria will as follows:
  • Blue Tooth (obviously)
  • Data Capable (DUN)
  • Ability to switch seamlessly btw voice & data
  • Camera ???
  • Ability to Upload phonebook to TT

Around the the June timeframe I will start investigating as new phones come on the market continuously...

On newer verizon phones bluetooth dun or bluetooth data is blocked by default unless you sign up for some crazy $65 a month internet service.

I went to www.howardforums.com and followed the instructions to basically HACK my phone I have the verizon motorola K1M and had to edit the phone with a data cable and motorola pst to get dun to work.

Then all you do on tomtom is manually set up connection and use #777 as the dial number and works like a charm...

This is the same on most new verizon phones to heads up.

So you admit you hacked your own phone? I have a question.... you are using a service from your own provider, which they know your account and activity.... and you aren't worrying about getting caught?

How can you hack a phone to give yourself dun and not have your provider see this? I'm curious....

Careful!!!

On newer verizon phones bluetooth dun or bluetooth data is blocked by default unless you sign up for some crazy $65 a month internet service.

I went to www.howardforums.com and followed the instructions to basically HACK my phone I have the verizon motorola K1M and had to edit the phone with a data cable and motorola pst to get dun to work.

Then all you do on tomtom is manually set up connection and use #777 as the dial number and works like a charm...

This is the same on most new verizon phones to heads up.

Hey black. My brother just got 2 years for doing exaclty what you say you did. And you're dumb enough to post it? Do you think you are really that anonymous in today's internet? I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now. Just reading and watching. Been lurking forever on howards too, and yournav. but you make me post first. I just can't beleive someone would post they HACKED their own cellphone. Do you not pay for it at all? Or just the web? Do you think the account manager at Verizon won't eventually pick this up? You just made his job easier for cryin out loud!

Since I used the dun function for my tomtom only how much data could it use? I only use tomtom traffic and not every day. Plus I will pay for whatever data charges I get.

I have a problem where I can't leave stuff alone.. I had a tomtom for 2 weeks and I got 2gb sd card, tripmaster, suntime, custom voices, etc etc.

I will get tts working on my one with new firmware. I like to tinker... You people are to uptight

And when you said your brother got 2 years do you mean a 2 year contract.. No one goes to jail for 2 years for removing 1 line of txt on my cell phone config file..

Don't take me wrong blackh8552. I'm with you on the tinkering part. I've only had my ONE for just over a month and I've ripped the sucker apart and rebuilt it I don't know how many times. Can't do that with a Garmin can you?

There's lots of great stuff here, and great people. Though I don't think TomTom would appreciate you getting tts working on your ONE, they updated the firware to disable that. If someone finally finds a way to get it back, I'm sure they will make another update available...

;) Cheers!

doubt anybody will do anything. you should see what goes on howardforums :) i have been there when i had my vzw phones and nobody from vzw ever do anything. Problem is not people hacking phones, problem is verizon's efforts to extract as much money from you as possible, hence they disable anything that can generate them money.

alex

Ask a Question