earphones

TomTom Model(s)
ce0168
hi there, i have just bought a tomtom xl live (last one reduced in the shop) family want it for the car, i need it for the bike. is it possible to fit a 2.5 socket so i can use earphones? any help or direction would be great. need to find my way around europe this year lol.

ferg77

If you can't find room internally, it would always be possible to disconnect one side of the speaker and bring it and the audio source out on a 2 wire lead and add a socket. However, what you'd likely want would be the sort that cuts out the speaker (switched connection) and those aren't easy to find in an inline version.

I haven't looked inside an XL Live, so can't say with any certainty whether there is room at the bottom of the case on that model to fit a small 3/32" (aka 2.5mm) socket there. If there is, get a stereo version to more readily power both sides of the headphones. Hook the source to the 'center' of each switched input on the jack, and take the 'non-headphone' output side of the switch (either side will do) back to the speaker.

Ask a Question