Phonebook Entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok -- I'm stumped.

I finally got my Moto W755 connected and then had no luck in transfering my phonebook over -- but -- it did list the numbers for the recent callers and those who I have called recently.

I then found out how to add contacts manually -- http://www.clubtomtom.com/general/manual-phonebook-entry-for-tomtom-go-700/. I did that but the contacts still didn't transfer. I've read stuff about making sure that the contact.txt file is put in the "root directory" but I'm not sure about that. I've attached a screenshot of where I put them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• ScreenShot00069.jpg
    ScreenShot00069.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 316
I forgot the mention -- that the only number it took from my phonebook directly was the Voicemail number.

Solved it.

Found a "contacts" folder in the unit internal drive which had the received and dialed calls and received calls (that got transfered originally), then I found a "contacts" folder on the SD card drive which had the voicemail number in it from the same original transfer. So I copied my txt list of contacts and pasted all of them within the card's contact folder (with the VM number) and they all showed up!

I guess I'm still not too clear on the differences and regading the unit's drive and the card's drive and what data should be on each of them. Tis may be some sort of answer as to why I'm not seeing some custom POI's that I've installed. I wouldn't mind someone taking a look at screenshots of both drives.

Closing this thread since it's basically a repeat of your other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question