Past weekend Showdown !

TomTom Model(s)
iPhone
Past weekend showdown route between Tom Tom One vs. Garmin 2610.

Garmin - Winner
Tom Tom - fell short with route detail and did not find the destination

Garmin found the route to the person's door with address. Even chimed "destination on right"

Tom Tom found up to half a block short. :confused:

Full Story:
I'm a current Garmin for 7 years now and thought I was going to replace my 2610 with a Tom Tom 720. I finally got to play with the Tom Tom One, but this past weekend, I'm no longer sure if I'm going the route of Tom Tom ? My Garmin out performed the Tom Tom One with a simple route from home to cottage country.

I thought the Tom Tom would have blown away my Garmin but it did not and now I'm thinking I may go the route of another Garmin instead of the latest Tom Tom.

I'm thinking this Tom Tom One simply did not have updated maps ? But its such a newer unit ?

Thoughts ? Suggestions ?

I'm totally confused and bit concerned for my decision.

thx

Last edited:
I would try to do some further comparisons before ruling out TomTom. I have a One 2nd Ed. and my coworker has a Garmin Nuvi. We both have had issues with routing, so neither is 100% perfect. The Garmins are better at which side of the road your destination is on.

I like my One with the SD card as I have hacked/tweaked/modified it to death and it still works...!!! Plus I paid 1/2 of what he did for the Garmin and they both do pretty much the same thing....get us there....or at least close to there.....:)

Ask a Question