Why can I not get past the 'This device belongs to... screen'?

Why can I not get passed the 'This device belongs to... screen'?

• Change battery

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy a new unit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ
Starting my TomTom XL IQ I can not continue beyond the 'This device belongs to...' screen. What's up and how do I get around this problem?

Did this screen just begin to appear?

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole

Personally I have never seen a "This device belongs to..." screen on any of my TomToms, it only appears if you have entered an owner in the settings pages (something I have never done).

But it is quite common for TomTom's to stall on the splashscreen, which happens around the same time.

So I would suggest you look at the two topics on system recovery in our "FAQ/Articles" section and do the steps in order until it comes good.

Old-style TomTom Acting Up? - Part 1 - First Steps In System Recovery

Old-style TomTom Acting Up? - Part 2 - How To reinstall *fresh* Software using Home

EDIT: not sure what your poll was for, but I would suggest a third option... "Neither"!

Last edited:

Ask a Question