Pairing a Verizon LG VX8350

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I've read in countless messages that many people are having trouble pairing Verizon phones and I've read in other messages that others have been able to pair Verizon phones with little or no trouble.

My mom just upgraded to an LG VX8350 and I tried to pair it unsuccessfully with my GO 720 because I'm thinking of buying my parents a GO 720 for Christmas.

The phone recognizes the TomTom, but the TomTom won't recognize the phone.

Any tricks I can try to get the two to pair successfully?

I had the same problem with my LG VX8500. I tried for two days attemping to pair up and finally on day they did. I can make and receive calls on the TT but the TT will not download my contact list. I contacted TT Support and they said "Due to hardware and/or software issues we regret to inform you that your LG VX8500's are not listed as compatible with the Go 720. We are constantly testing new phones, however, if one or more features are not functional we must deem the device incompatible. Please rest assured that TomTom is committed to making our services compatible with as many cellular phone models as possible. We regret any frustration this may cause". They did give me a work around to get the contact list into TT manually by creating a .txt file and downloading it into TT but I haven't tried it yet.
Richard

"They did give me a work around to get the contact list into TT manually by creating a .txt file and downloading it into TT but I haven't tried it yet." Richard..

Hi Richard,

Would you please post the work around that TT gave you if it worked! They have not responded to my queries about the issue of getting my LG VX 8550 contact list into the TT. Did you try it and did it work?

The trick to getting the TT/Verizon 8550 to pair seems to be to first put the phone Bluetooh in "discovery mode" then allow the TT GO720 to pair to it - not vice versa. I removed the GO 720 from my list on the phone and did the above and viola - it paired and stayed that way!

I received these instructions from TTS to manually input phonebook addresses to the TT.
Richard

If you would still like to attempt to input your phone books, this can be attempted manually. Again, we cannot guarantee functionality with this phone. To transfer your phone book entries, please take the steps outlined below:

- Connect your Go 720 to the computer.

- On your computer desktop open My Computer.

- Open the TomTom drive.

- Make a txt file in the root of your TT called contacts.txt .

- Put the next lines in the txt file (copy and Paste):

"name1","0011234567890"
"name2","0011234567890"
"name3","0011234567890"
"name4","0011234567890"
"name5","0011234567890"
"name6","0011234567890"

- Now you can fill in your names and phone numbers: rename name1 etc. to ex. Peter, Joe, etc. Please note that you can places spaces in the Names (ex. "Peter Collins","0011234567890").

- Do the same for the numbers. You can make the list as long as needed, just copy the last line below the end (make sure the brackets and commas are not removed or displaced) .

- Save the file.

- Shut down the device and remove the USB cable.

- Restart your Go 720.

- If successful, you will now see your Phone Book entries listed.

We hope this information helps! If you have any further questions or comments, please email or call us at 866-486-6866 Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM until 7:00 PM EST. Thanks again for writing. At TomTom we believe in showing you the way the easy way.

With Best Regards,

Erica
The TomTom Customer Support Team

Ask a Question