Pair one xls to bluetooth headset

Hi, I'm new the forum, I'm trying to figure out how to pair my tomtom one xls to a bluetooth headset so I can use it while ridding my motorcycle. I've done some searching and found a few threads that talked about changes to a kernal in the software. But these threads required some back ground knowledge as well as some programming skill. I have basic computer skills and if given a step by step could make it work. Does anyone know a thread that has step by step directions to get a head set to work with xls? If not, could some on post directions?

Thanks for your help,

Lloyd

Are you sure the device you have actually has Bluetooth hardware fitted?

Most of the XL range don't have the capability, the original One XL certainly did have Bluetooth but it was only made availabe for a data connection via a mobile phone, AFAIK its not possible to add handsfree capability to any of these devices - Mike

The early One XL devices did have Bluetooth but only for a data connection from a mobile phone, it could not be used for handsfree, even if you hack the software to get this to work (which I doubt is possible) the device doesn't have a microphone so its a pointless exercise - Mike

Ask a Question