Repair or Bin...

TomTom Model(s)
GO 1005
Didn't notice a hair-clip on the magnet of the cradle consequently when picked up, the TomTom Go Live 1005 fell onto a stone floor!. No cracked case or screen but unit will not respond to touch screen. Plugged into computer, all fine latest map downloaded and audio okay (keeps telling me my phone is not connected LOL) Pretty useless now as I can't get past the "We would like to collect some information about your use............." screen. Repair viable or bin ?
HarryTheSpida

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds.
Thanks dhn but I have already tried that but still locks up on the screen, I have even continued to hold until the BIOS details come up but still the same on switch on. .... that bin is beckoning more by the hour LOL

Ask a Question