Opening Screen ?

TomTom Model(s)
TTXL335S and TT1
Just wondering if someone can tell me how to change the opening screen of my TT? I have downloaded a couple of screens for my two TT's however I haven't been able to figure out how to get the new screens to show upon boot up. Thanks.

Images have to be the proper size for your unit and can be either a .bmp or .jpg format. Place them in the photos folder.

Now, preferences-->startup--> you'll be asked if you wish to switch start uo images and you can scroll through to select the one you want.

The application will then copy that to the root of the unit, rename it splas.bmp or splashw.bmp, depending upon the model and overwrite whatever previous spash(w).bmp was there before.

Thanks dhn,
I tried a different set of opening and closing images which I downloaded and installed using TomTom Home2. They are working fine. Guess the problem was with the file itself which was the Habs logo. Not sure I understand your instructions as far as where the image files goes and how to change them. When I look at the folders on my TT using Wexplorer I do not see a photos folder, so I'm not sure where the inital image files are placed. I do see a splashw.bmp file in the root directory of the device, and this file is my shutdown image however I don't see the startup image under the root so I'm not sure where it is located.

As for my device I do not have a preferences-->startup icon. In fact I cannot find anyplace in my TT'335xl menus that allow me to select different startup/shutdown images so I'm not sure whether or not that is an issue with my specific model, or the way the menu system is setup. Thanks for you help with this.

Are you sure you do not have a Start-up preferences icon under Preferences? Do you have an icon (under preferences about the last page) that says 'Show All menu options'? If so, select it and then look for the preference I mentioned earlier.

See here: Create Your Own Content Guide

Ask a Question