Old TT Home

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
If TT Home is already on my computer can I use it on a new TT GPS? If not, do I have to delete or uninstall everything from the old file? Thanks.

I had an old TT HOME from about 3 yrs ago. I didn't un-install that, but did update to the new TT HOME (ver. 2.7) which replaced the old one.

But... I suggest you wait until someone else with more experience posts about this. With most software, it's a good idea to 'un-install' and then 'install' the new version. I just forgot. :rolleyes:

Just make sure you register the new unit with a different email address than the older model. Doesn't have to be a real email address, just in the format of (e-mail address removed).

Start Home without the unit connected, however. If a newer version is offered, accept the installation. When that is done, connect the new unit and log in with the new email address.

I just checked my programs and found that I have version 2.7 in my computer. Is that the latest? If so, can I register with the same address instead or something new? I hate having too many email accounts. I know I'm going to have to register for the lifetime maps so does that make any difference? Sorry for all the Qs, but I'm an old man trying to understand new technology.

2.7.6 is the latest home version.

Trust me, you WANT to create a new email address for the new unit. It doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the proper format.

Thanks for all your help. I'm up and running but.........1. I can only get names of streets called out with Susan as the voice. Is this right and if so, why have any of the other voice options? 2. I have been living at my current address for 4 years but it is not listed when I set my "home." You would think that this address would have been included with map updates in 4 years, wouldn't you? Is there any way to correct this? All my trips begin from a big field with no road!!! I'm sure I'll have other Qs later but this is it for now. Thanks.

Only computer voices offer text-to-speech (announce specific street names). You can also select recorded voices which announce directions but not street names.

Some locations are just not mapped properly, even if they've existed for years. You can report new streets using mapshare but you can't physically add the new streets to the map yourself.

You can report the new street directly to TomTom's map company, TeleAtlas, here: Map Insight

Ask a Question