No POI's

My POI's on my 510 are unaccessable. It has a file acces failure and no new addresses can be stored or old ones deleted. I think i narrowed it down to the poi.dat file which is unreadable.
Smart as I am i upgraded to the latest tom tom home while i connected to the computer and cant find my backup file anymore.
Is there a way of getting the poi.dat file from somewhere else. I don't care if i loose data i just want to find stuff again.

POI.dat is part of your map. If you upgraded the map through home within the past year, it should be available for redownload from home.

Also, the file may be backed up on your hard drive in:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\map\

I have an old map 650.1109 with Ver.7.903 on the tom tom. Wich one would be the right poi's for that?
Thanks

i think i need to upgrade the Storage Card but really would like to find out if it will work before i spend more money.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, had to get a bigger memory card and the 810 poi.dat copied into the folder and now my 510 is working just fine on the same old 650.1109.1109 map.
thanks

Now the downloaded POI's from the Tom Tom Home 2 won't show up on my device:(
What file types should end up on the tom tom and where should they be? I notice when i download them there is a zip file with it saved on my computer. Which file tipes do I need to copy over and where do I put them.

Thanks for your help.

All aftermarket pois are an .ov2 file. There usually is also a .bmp file with the same name.

All have to go inside the map folder you are using. it's that simple. :)

Just use a file manager to copy them into the folder. far simpler than using that home program. :)

do i just put them into the poi folder on the Tom Tom? It is not working.

where exactly do they need to end up?

They go into the specific MAP folder (such as, 'USA&Canada') along with any associated .bmp files.

Ask a Question