No maps Found???? Now what do I do?

Hello all I am brand new here and already I have a problem.

I have a tomtom ONE 3rd edition. Worked great until I updated the map with the us and canada and now I get a grey screen with "No maps found"

Well I didn't do a backup ...which now I know is important...

any advise?
Thank you

no map

try this main menu tap change preferences ... preferences 2 of 7 tap manage maps..manage maps ....tap switch maps. hope this help

Nothing To Tap

Thanks for your help but theres nothing to tap...its just a blank grey screen. with message "no maps found"

Does nothing....I am trying to download the map again.. takes like 2 hrs.

Does it take that long for you guys? I am on satilite though

So we will see. Other wise all I can think to do is uninstall the whole program and start over.

I already did the reset button.
any other ideas?

When you connect the TomTom to your computer, is it recognized? If it is, you will be able to 'see' the unit with Windows Explorer. (It shows up as a hard drive).

At this point, you should be able to see the map folder - names 'USA & Canada Map' or something like that. Is it there? What is its size? It should be close to 900 mb.

(What I'm trying to establish here is whether the map is or isn't on your unit's internal memory.)

Hello all I am brand new here and already I have a problem.

I have a tomtom ONE 3rd edition. Worked great until I updated the map with the us and canada and now I get a grey screen with "No maps found"

Well I didn't do a backup ...which now I know is important...

any advise?
Thank you

Hey Darla,

Same thing happened here last week: I bought a TT One XL which came with version 705 (if I'm not mistaken); I installed TT Home, updated it to its latest version, then connected my GPS to my computer; TT Home then offered me an upgrade to version 710, which I obviously accepted. Everything seemed to work just fine, then I disconnected (correctly, mind you) the XL and tried to play with it. As you say, it booted into a grey screen with the message "No maps found". As annoying as that sounded, I didn't panic (I'm a computer pro and I encounter similar events on a daily basis). I reconnected it to my computer and the proceded to manually analyze the content of the internal memory. The (new) maps were there OK, the config file was pointing to them - nothing should have impeded a normal boot. At that precise moment I was stumped. I used TT Home to look for patches (although a few moments before it had reported there were no more updates available) and, what do you know? TT reported version 710 as an available upgrade. 'scuse me? but I had just upgraded to 710 - I had also checked the timestamp and the version on the map files and yes, they were newer than those that came with the device. Oh, well... I accepted the upgrade once more, waited, and then my XL restarted just fine.

So, to summarize:

1. Don't panic, even if you didn't make any backups; the maps (and everything else) are there!
2. Try and use TT Home again and apply any updates to your device (BTW: you did upgrade your TT Home to its latest version, didn't you?).
3. Never "just unplug" your GPS! Always use "Disconnect device" first or "Safely remove hardware" (if you're attached to a different computer, where TT Home is not installed).

thanks for replying

Hey Darla,

Same thing happened here last week: I bought a TT One XL which came with version 705 (if I'm not mistaken); I installed TT Home, updated it to its latest version, then connected my GPS to my computer; TT Home then offered me an upgrade to version 710, which I obviously accepted. Everything seemed to work just fine, then I disconnected (correctly, mind you) the XL and tried to play with it. As you say, it booted into a grey screen with the message "No maps found". As annoying as that sounded, I didn't panic (I'm a computer pro and I encounter similar events on a daily basis). I reconnected it to my computer and the proceded to manually analyze the content of the internal memory. The (new) maps were there OK, the config file was pointing to them - nothing should have impeded a normal boot. At that precise moment I was stumped. I used TT Home to look for patches (although a few moments before it had reported there were no more updates available) and, what do you know? TT reported version 710 as an available upgrade. 'scuse me? but I had just upgraded to 710 - I had also checked the timestamp and the version on the map files and yes, they were newer than those that came with the device. Oh, well... I accepted the upgrade once more, waited, and then my XL restarted just fine.

So, to summarize:

1. Don't panic, even if you didn't make any backups; the maps (and everything else) are there!
2. Try and use TT Home again and apply any updates to your device (BTW: you did upgrade your TT Home to its latest version, didn't you?).
3. Never "just unplug" your GPS! Always use "Disconnect device" first or "Safely remove hardware" (if you're attached to a different computer, where TT Home is not installed).

My husband says he clicked on safe to remove before doing so.

I do see the program and maps on the tomtom thru my computer (F drive). At least the files. Us and canada are there, (thats what we were updating) but its not todays date. So I guess its not the updated one.

I did however (being the troubleshooter I am) I uninstall the home on the pc. I am now reinstalling it from the download page. ( I tried from pluging it back in and waiting over 2 hrs for the download, it didn't install

Then I will see if its the right version or see if it needs an upgrade.

Thanks I will post once I see what happenes

thanks for replying

When you connect the TomTom to your computer, is it recognized? If it is, you will be able to 'see' the unit with Windows Explorer. (It shows up as a hard drive).

At this point, you should be able to see the map folder - names 'USA & Canada Map' or something like that. Is it there? What is its size? It should be close to 900 mb.

(What I'm trying to establish here is whether the map is or isn't on your unit's internal memory.)

I think I also answer your question in my previous post.

I do know quit a bite about computers but I am new to TomTom, lol I am sure once I figure this out with ya'lls help of course , I will know next time. And will do a back up right away, again thx guys for your help

Last edited:
home wont load now

Just a thought. Make sure you have Home v2.1. People have had problems installing things with v1.5.

Now home wont load....I just get a blank box...with an "ok" at the bottom of the box.. now I am stumped, I have download this thing about 4 times.. Any suggestions? I may have to return this thing

its version 2.1.2.121
the size is 22.2 MB (23,382,382 bytes)

again Thank you

Last edited:
ok fixed now

This is how I fixed it. I went into the files on the Tomtom and renamed the usa map

Then I redownloaded the map.. and it works now

Thanks all for the help

Thanks guys,

Ihad the same problem with NO MAPS FOUND on my TomTom one New Edition I have been able to fix it by reading this thread and figuring out what I have to do.

What I did is as follows:

1. I updated my SD Card with TomTom Home V2.2

2. Copy and replace all or any files in USA_Canada map folder with older files that was copied from the original SD Card to the the original the SD card and everything works.

I guess now I have to buy a new 2gb SD Card and keep the original SD Card in a save palce.

I hope this works for some one else, because it works for me.

matomo

there is a sticky at the top of this forum dealing with maps not being found. did you try that? might be worth a shot.

Ask a Question