Newly installed Battery Problem

TomTom Model(s)
GO 920
I just installed a new battery in my TomTom 920.
It looks like I can't get it to charge.
When I push the "on" button, nothing happens.
I have tried a pin reset by pressing "on" button and the reset at the same time, holding them in for 30 seconds and nothing happens.

Yesterday after installing battery I got it to start up and there was the battery low symbol, and then it would shut down.
Now it won't even do that.

When I use TT Home, it sometimes asks for "Do you want to connect device?" and sometimes it doesnt.

I can use "Operate my TomTom" in TTHome.

Is it a defective battery? Did I screw up the installation of it?
Is the device ready for the garbage heap?

Thanks for any advice.

PS
I tried to charge it overnight on a USB 110 v charger, nothing.
Am now trying a to charge it on my computer usb outlet.

Thanks for your quick response.

When i charged it overnight, the green light did not come on when I took it out of the cradle. The green light is on when in the charging cradle.

Check back into this thread as some of our battery changing experts will likely respond with tips and suggestions.

Thanks for your quick response.

When i charged it overnight, the green light did not come on when I took it out of the cradle. The green light is on when in the charging cradle.

If I am understanding you correctly you say the green light is on when it is in the charging cradle . If this is so I would suggest you leave it the the cradle overnight and see what it does the next day.

One more thing are you charging via USB port? and does your USB port still have power when computer is turned off?

Yes, charging by USB port on computer, and yes the cradle green light is on when computer is off.
I did this for the last 10-12 hours, and still dead.

Ask a Question