newbie needing help one IQ

hi

Ive just purchased a shop model of a tom tom one IQ routes, and every 2-3 the shop demo keeps turning itself on. Ive gone through the menu but cant seem to find anywhere to turn it off.

I have emailed tom tom but they cant help me apparantly!!!

I know i can take it back to the shop for a refund/exchange but i got it for such a good price i would rather keep it.

If anybody can help it would be great.

Thanks in advance
Adele

Welcome to TTf.

For starters, look on the unit for a choice to Clear route. It's there somewhere. Try that.

Also, look (using Explorer)at the contents of the scripts folder on the unit. If you see anything there, delete it.

Lastly, you can try this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents.2. Then format the unit, don't use quickformat.
3. Restore the backup.

That bug should be fixed in the latest software. Install Tomtom HOME on your computer, plug in the Tomtom, and update to the latest application (currently 9.053).

You could also delete the "scripts" folder, which is the workaround before Tomtom fixed the bug.

Ask a Question