Newbie needing help

First off I would like to say hello to everyone here in this forum, and as the title says I'm a newbie or like we call it here in Oz land a virgin.
I have been reading this forum for a month and came to the conclusion to purchase a Tomtom Go 920, and the first thing i did was backed up everything like it is suggested in this forum. That was fine and everything is working ok at the moment, although it took a while for the remote to work with the Tomtom. The problem started when I tried to load up a new voice and i was told that there was not enough memory, the unit came with maps of Europe,America,New Zealand and Australia. I dont know how to free up memory or do i need to get another card and if so where do i load up the map of Australia. The other maps i dont have need for at the moment but i dont want to loose them. I was hoping if someone can help and if so go gentle on me, i am not that computer minded:confused:

Thanks again in advance
Rosso V

I would also like to say that this forum should take the place of Tomtom's owner manual. The wealth of information here is fantastic and the helping community compared to Tomtom service is outstanding

I would defnitely get a 4 gig sdhc card and copy the European and one of Australia or NZ map on it using Explorer. Keep NA and the other of Australia & NZ on internal.

BUT FIRST................use Explorer and copy the Entire contents of your unit to a folder on your hard drive. Make sure that you are showing both hidden files and extensions for known file types before doing so.

Ask a Question