New Tomtom

G'day,
Just found out from a retailer that Tomtom are going to release a new wizz bang model at the end of September or early next month and will be phasing out their other top end models. This new Tomtom will reportedly bring them back in to line with Garmin and Navman who's last few models have outstripped Tomtom in features. The only thing is that Tomtom will still likely rank 3rd out of these 3 models as Garmin and Navman statistically are out selling Tomtom by a significant margin now due to better technology and by no small factor... after sales service (in Australia anyway), after sales service in Australia by Tomtom has been rated the worst of the major brands.
I'm shopping for a new GPS (had a Tomtom GO720 since brand new), but now looking at other brands because of the lack of customer care by TomTom Australia, but will wait on the specs of the new Tomtom befor making that decision, it will have to be the bees knees though to convince me to go with them again, and significant improvement in after sales service by Tomtom Australia... to even bring them up to par. Even one of their own retailers here where I live suggested I go with Garmin over Tomtom on that factor alone.

Last edited:
Have a look for information on the Go-1000 Live which is the device anticipated to go on sale around the end of the month, as for it being a "fully featured" device I think you will be disapointed, I would stick with the 720 if I were you - Mike

I wish I could stick with the 720 I have, I really do, but there seems to be a blown circuit (the circuit to the internal speaker), I've posted questions about this seperately under "Speaker Problems" in the Hardware topic - Tomtom

Ask a Question