New TomTom One LE user

TomTom Model(s)
One LE
I jumped on the GPS bandwagon today after the Black Friday deal at Best Buy on the One LE! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access tomtom.com for the past 3-4 days, so I can't update my GPS unit! I am also concerned, because the unit is now not able to find the satellites! It worked out of the box after I configured it, and then the 2nd time I turned it on, it couldn't locate the sats for a few minutes, and was finally able to, but then it lost signal. And after powering on and off several times over the course of the day, it is not able to find the GPS signal at all. What gives? Will connecting to tomtom.com (eventually) help me out?

Thanks, and glad to be here!

I jumped on the GPS bandwagon today after the Black Friday deal at Best Buy on the One LE! Unfortunately, I haven't been able to access tomtom.com for the past 3-4 days, so I can't update my GPS unit! I am also concerned, because the unit is now not able to find the satellites! It worked out of the box after I configured it, and then the 2nd time I turned it on, it couldn't locate the sats for a few minutes, and was finally able to, but then it lost signal. And after powering on and off several times over the course of the day, it is not able to find the GPS signal at all. What gives? Will connecting to tomtom.com (eventually) help me out?

Thanks, and glad to be here!

That sux, I know how you feel. All I can say is, in the end it will all work out. I have the same unit you do (more or less, a One V2) and it's fabulous. So, until someone smarter replys; take a paper clip, stick it in the reset hole in the bottom, say a prayer to the GPS Gods, have a Martini, turn the One back on.

Good luck.

Ask a Question