new tom tom home

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
Just tried to download the new tom tom home. Getting a error that the server might be down. is anyone getting the same error message. Phone support is closed. thanks

Tom tom server just fixed . All is well. Does anyone know what this update does?

Last edited:
I've also been offered the update from 2.6.2.1586 to 2.6.3.1609, but I want to wait for feedback from others before upgrading.

1) Does it fix the "subscription is available" bug? That's the only reason I'd bother to upgrade.
2) Does Operate my GO still work, at least for a 720?
3) Any other changes people have experienced?

It's also possible they are prepping for the May map update.

Last edited:
I have gone back to Home2.4. Couldn't find 2.5. I was noticing that with 2.6.2.1586 my CPU was running at 100% caused home HomeRuntime. Also when I closed it it would get a memeory error. I downloaded lastest home from TT.com 2.6.3.1609 but still got the same thing. So went back to 2.4. All seems to work well again. Not too sure what these "upgrades" actually achieve.

This new version finally has support for the map subscription service, and does not list the message that newer maps are available if you subscribe to the subscription service.

Versions?

I checked in HOME to see if there was a newer version than my current 2.6.2.264, and HOME said that version 2.6.3.313 was available.

What's strange, though, is that when I went to the TT website and downloaded the newest version of HOME, it's 2.6.4.356.

HOME isn't able to get the newest version? Or do the version updates need to be incremental? What's going on?

(BTW, these are the Mac version numbers.)

This new version finally has support for the map subscription service, and does not list the message that newer maps are available if you subscribe to the subscription service.

Mine now says, "Your map is up to date. 1131 Map Share map corrections in use"

Finally! :)

HOME isn't able to get the newest version? Or do the version updates need to be incremental? What's going on?

Tomtom could be staggering the HOME releases. They had some annoying server overload issues when I was trying to download map 830 via my map subscription, and maybe they're trying to avoid that.

They definitely staggered the 830 maps:
- First, they updated their maps on the website and in HOME, without any fanfare. All the forum users and frequent HOME users proceeded to upgrade
- Next, a few weeks later, they emailed all the map subscription customers to upgrade their maps (even those who already did)
- Next, a few weeks after that, they emailed all customers who signed up for news announcements, that new maps were available

Since my TomTom One quit speaking to me after it fell of the windshield and onto the floor of the car, I got a new Go 630 and ran the CD to set it up. Ever since I did that (four days ago), EVERY TIME that I start my computer TomTom Home opens automatically and tells me new software is available. The first couple of times I asked TT Home to download and install and I have been told that the procedure was successful. So now I just "X out of it" and get on with my work. WHY must it do that every time? So, today I remover TT Home from my "start up" menu just to have some peace. I am not pleased with this.

JB

That must be bug in your install. Tomtom HOME shouldn't do that.

Why don't you uninstall HOME from your computer, delete the entire "\program files\tomtom home" set of folders on your computer.

Then on your tomtom drive letter, delete the autorun.inf file (if present), and the Tomtom Home folder (if present).

Then reinstall the latest HOME from here.

Ask a Question