New to TomTom

I have used DeLorme products for years. Until I bought there hand held GPS. I sent it back and headed to Circuit City and bought a TT1. It says it's a GPS V1.21 with Map V660.1215. Do I need to upgrade or something?

I have used DeLorme products for years. Until I bought there hand held GPS. I sent it back and headed to Circuit City and bought a TT1. It says it's a GPS V1.21 with Map V660.1215. Do I need to upgrade or something?

Hello there and welcome to the boards.

Yes, you can upgrade your map version. The latest version is v665.xxx You should be able to order online through TT to get it. You only have to pay $6 to get it which is a great deal.

I think you might be looking at the wrong number. What you want to look at is the app version not the GPS version. So instead of 1.21, you want to look for app 6.560.

OK, it says:

App 6.501 (7460/060904) OS:1343
29 MB RAM (free: 4.0 MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 4.81
Map: ?USA_and_Canada? v660.1215
You'll need a firmware update too. The latest is 6.56 and has QuickGPSFix (which expires every 7 days). This feature allows for quicker locks on satellites because a small data file is d/led and it contains the positions of the satellites for the next 5 days or so, so it makes it easier for the receiver to look and lock on the satellite if it roughly knows where it is rather than having to scan the entire sky.

Ask a Question