New Map guarantee ripped off!!

I purchased TomTom One a few mopnths ago when it went on sale at my local store. I did not have a car so I did not need to use it right away.

However to ensure the product was not DOA and can be returned to the store within their refund period, I turned the device on. The device worked so I put it away until I brought my car.

I read on the TomTom web site that the new map guarantee will be available when you first use the device and set up TomTom Home. So I thought I would be entitled to a new map update when I set up my TomTom Home account when I start using the device!

When I brought my car a couple of months later, I set up my TomTom Home account to download the new map guarantee. I was rejected, message said the 30 day period had expired.

When I called the TomTom support staff they told me that I had to use it within 30 days of purchase. I argued that TomTom web site does not have the super intelligence to determine when I brought the device from my local store. They then said it is '30 days once I used the device'. Well I did not use the device, I simply turned it on to determine if it was DOA!

Regardless I was confused with the web site messages and the support staff answers. They are all inconsistent.
I was still denied a new map update.

Given this kind of experience, I would not recommend any TomTom device to my friends and the general public at large!

to ensure the product was not DOA and can be returned to the store within their refund period, I turned the device on.
Turning it on is using it.
... the new map guarantee will be available when you first use the device and set up TomTom Home. So I thought I would be entitled to a new map update when I set up my TomTom Home account when I start using the device!
No where in any documentation does it say from setting up TomTom Home.
When I brought my car a couple of months later, I set up my TomTom Home account to download the new map guarantee. I was rejected, message said the 30 day period had expired.
Obviously, as you had used it 2 months before by turning it on.

I certainly agree that it is very difficult to deal with Support and I feel sorry for you that you missed out on TomTom's LMG but it is down right unfair to blame the company for your, shall we say, rather unusual interpretation of the facts.

Ask a Question