New Gal from NC

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
Hey there everyone. Just wanted to drop a quick note and introduce myself. I'm a very smart gal who is not very smart with directions! My kind boyfriend took note of this, and finally bought me a TomTomONE for my birthday...how very exciting!!! Now I am trying to figure out all of the fun I can have with this neat gizmo. So far everything seems to be working pretty well, I only have a couple questions. When I first hooked the whole thing up to my computer there were all kinds of different updates available. I did all of the TomTom software updates, though all the new features don't seem to work. I did not have time to update my computer to Home V.2 though, and when I came back to do it today, the program is no longer asking me if I would like to upgrade. Does anyone know why this would happen?? I also tried to download the John Cleese voice from the Home program, and it warned me that the voice would not run w/my current device software?!?! and it was charging me in pounds, or euros?? Anybody out there know what all this is about? Sorry this was such a long entry...I'm also going to try downloading the Starbucks POI's...which I'm sure will create more questions!!

Make sure you are set up and logged on to TT in the U.S., otherwise it will show you different options and accessories. It sounds like when you first set up your account with TT, it may have gotten your location messed up (sounds like the UK).

Also, you did not say if you are using Vista rather then XP, and if you are using Vista with the user accounts function, funny things happen unless you run TT home as an Administrator.

If you have not done a reset with the reset button on the unit, you might try that also. These units seem to constantly need re-setting.

Hello and welcome.
When your unit is up to date. there will not be anymore notifications to update unless there is a quickfix update which is normal every so often.

Thanks to all of you who have gotten back to me so far.
Now...as far as I can tell, everything is set up for me in the US already, I've gone and triple checked, all says US, but I still get prices in pounds?!?! I am using Windows XP Professional, and I know that my unit is up to date, but for the computer software, I wanted to upgrade to 2.0, but can no longer find it?!

There is probably more I want to ask, or need to respond to, but I'm out of time right now. Oh yeah, I did download the Starbucks POI's and they seem to work well. Thanks to anyone who helps me, it's great!

On the pricing in Pounds - if you go to the online store though TT Home, it will sometimes show things like traffic subscriptions with prices in Pounds or Euros, but if you try to order them, you will not be able to do so, as they are not available in the US.

On Home 2.0, that still sounds odd. Have you checked the version number of you current installation? You could go to preferences (in TT Home) and select update. It will either offer to download and install the latest version of home, or tell you you already have it.

One final thing you could do is to uninstall Home, and then go to the TT webpage and find and follow the links to download Home. It should download the latest version. Do not delete other TT files, as your backups and everything else should still be there when you re-install the TT Home download.

I have done this a number of times (for other reasons) with no problems.

Ask a Question