Need USA-Only Maps...

I purchased a HTC TyTN II out of Hong Kong a short while ago and it came with a pre-installed version of TomTom Navigator (version 7.917 [9186]). I am wondering what is the latest, most detailed, USA-only mapset that I can run on my device? Thanx.

I purchased a HTC TyTN II out of Hong Kong a short while ago and it came with a pre-installed version of TomTom Navigator (version 7.917 [9186]). I am wondering what is the latest, most detailed, USA-only mapset that I can run on my device? Thanx.

What? There's gotta be someone out there in never-never land with the answer...

:(

If someone knows the answer, they'll respond. There's no need to repost every couple of hours....

If someone knows the answer, they'll respond. There's no need to repost every couple of hours....

Yes, I understand the need to limit the clutter, but this is an urgent matter. I'm going on a road trip starting the beginning of July and was hoping to be able to utilize my phone for my GPS device instead of having to purchase a separate GPS device. Thanx.

Okay, I'm halfway there now. I've identified the newest, most detailed mapset I was looking for (North America 850.2782). However, now I need to find out how to locate a place to purchase the mapset. I've spoken with TomTom USA support and they do not support my version of Navigator because it is a Europe only version. I've spoken to TomTom UK support and they will not support my version of Navigator because I am located in the USA. Wow, talk about a catch 22! Any ideas? Thanx again.

Tomtom does not offer USA maps for Navigator 7.

It's really odd of them not to do so (they even offer Mexico maps), but my guess is that they negotiated an exclusive with the Apple iPhone in exchange for the WWDC presentation appearance.

Ask a Question