Need to remove v.8.010 and install 7.54 or older

Can this be done on a ONE?

I want to run off road navigator, but my 8.010 version will not accept it. I need to have 7.54 or older on there for it to work.

Or is there software that will work with my version?

Basically, I want to use it on the water in my boat and just point me toward the marina, rather than try to get me onto a road.

I have downloaded TTnav7.166.8497_ONE in hopes that I could use it, but if I can, not sure how to install it.

First post, hope this is in the correct sub-forum...

Last edited:
Already looking at a different model and make to accomodate my needs.

I called tech support to see if I could roll back the version, and after putting me on hold with "that is a great question, I have never heard it before...let me ask around" he decided that it could NOT be rolled back, which I bet is their "correct" answer. (what company would ever advertise and encourage going back to an older version?)

I would like to be able to pull the ONE from the car and use it on the boat, but if I cannot get off-road navigation to work, I will be forced to buy a 2nd GPS that CAN work off the roads.

If you can pick up an older Magellan Meridian it is good for marine & road. Not as good for road as TT but for a marina or Waypoint fishing spot or getting you back in off the water if fog comes in it will take you in a streight line verry well.

Ended up buying a Magellan Tritan 400. Doing EXACTLY what I wanted it to do...:D

But now I have TWO GPS units...:mad:

Actually, I like the features of the Triton better than the TomTom, and will give the TT to the wife. Even though the screen size is much smaller on the Triton, it does the things I want, with more precision, and with many more features.

Congratulations on getting a unit that fits your needs.

By the way, are you aware that Magellan just was sold (yesterday) to MIO?

See here for more information.

Interesting, but like the article says, I have never heard of Mio.

I actually had no preference for which brand or unit i bought. I just got this Triton because it was the only one Walmart had in stock. I figured I would mess with it and if I didn't like it, it would be no hassle to return it for a refund.

By the way, I didn't mean to bash the TomTom. It really is better for street driving, and has a much bigger screen, easier to use, and has better street coverage and planning functions than the Triton. I just needed something I could use in the boat.

No worries.....

Never considered it a bash of TomTom. Just different brands do different things, that's all.

MIO is better known as a brand in Europe, Magellan in NA.

That was what I was afraid of...

Cuz, you know, everybody needs TWO GPS units.:rolleyes:

I know this is a tom tom forum and I just got a 720 for Christmas but I've had the Garmin, Tom Tom and IGO8 running on my PDA/Phone for over a year - the beauty with the Garmin is you can make one multi-purpose map from the CD's, for example I made a Garmin map that includes all the US roads, Central & Eastern USA Lakes, Topo for my state and contiguous states and the Gulf of Mexico. When over water the map shows depth, navigation buoys and sunken structures. The topo's work just like a topo - trick to multi-maps is you simply go to manage maps and uncheck the ones you don't need.

Of course you need the CD's, which you can get from Garmin - plus an 8gb card for your PDA/Phone

As a side note, since DHN mentioned the mio family - IGO8 is from the same family of nav units and in a large city the buildings show up as 3d buildings.

As a comparison note - I still like Tom Tom the best for road navigation.

Mule

Ask a Question